Tips for Spring Cleaning
After being shut inside for the winter, who isn’t ready for a little spring cleaning? It’s time to open the windows, take a deep breath, and get to work! It makes sense that with budding life outdoors, we take a moment to give the same new life to our indoor surroundings. Consider starting with one or two of these tips, and work your way through the rest:
- Washing Windows. Try to wait for a cloudy day, as direct sun can dry the cleanser before you wipe it off.
- Dusting….Everything. Think about easily forgotten items. Toss drapes and curtains in the dryer for 15 minutes on the “air only” cycle, then rehang.
- Degrease Kitchen Cabinets. This is especially important if you don’t run the exhaust hood when you cook.
- Vacuum Tune-Up. Replace the bag, clean the dust cup, and replace or wash the filters.
- Dishwasher. Remove any bits of food hiding, then run a specialty cleanser through that is made for your dishwasher.
- Refrigerator. Pull out the shelving and wash in warm, soapy water. Wipe down surfaces inside and outside the fridge before replacing.