Snacking is a healthy habit when you choose the right foods and keep snacks between 100 and 200 calories. In fact, snacks can help you with your weight loss goals. You’ll be less likely to overeat at mealtime and more likely to meet your fruit and vegetable goals.
Healthy snack ideas
- A handful of whole grain corn tortilla chips and salsa
- Raw vegetables and homemade guacamole
- Whole grain pretzels and spicy mustard
- One slice of whole grain bread with nut butter
- Whole grain cereal topped with low-fat milk
- Frozen fruit and yogurt smoothie
- 100-calorie bag of light popcorn
- Whole wheat pita triangles and hummus
- Trail mix made with nuts, seeds, and dried fruit
- Yogurt topped with healthy granola
- Brown rice and black beans with salsa or a sprinkle of cheese
For more low-calorie snack recipes and ideas, visit FitnessMagazine.com and click on the “Healthy Eating” tab.