Relax with Meditation
Meditation is a great way to slow a busy mind. It has been shown to reduce stress and overeating, encourage a sense of calm and empathy, and have a positive impact on your overall health.
Benefits of meditating
A consistent practice in meditation can help you stay emotionally balanced and increase immunity to illnesses. Here are a few other benefits of meditation:
- Reduces anxiety, stress, and tension
- Helps regulate blood pressure
- Enhances energy and strength
- Builds self confidence
Simple steps to meditate
- Find a quiet spot to sit. As you become more experienced, it will be easier for you to meditate in hectic situations or busy environments.
- Get settled in a comfortable position. Traditionally, meditation is done with your legs crossed, but you can choose to be in any position that is comfortable.
- Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Breathe in deeply and exhale slowly, focusing on your body as it fills and releases your breath.
- Find a focal point. Focusing your attention on an object or repeating a specific phrase can help you to relax. If your mind wanders, don’t worry—redirect your thoughts to deep breathing or your object of focus.
- Choose a length of time to meditate. You can meditate for as long as you like. The goal is to bring about a sense of calm and awareness to your body and mind.
Struggling to practice meditation on your own? Visit ReflexionYoga.com to practice short yoga sessions right in your own home.